Your support of Arts NC State ensures that all students, faculty, staff and the surrounding Raleigh community have the opportunity to participate in and benefit from exceptional arts.
Contributions like yours ensure that we can continue bringing rich artistic and cultural experiences to campus that challenge and inspire everyone who sees them.
Why we need you
Arts NC State receives only 18% of its annual budget from state appropriations. While we receive significant support from ticket sales and student fees, we rely upon the generosity of our donors to fulfill the expenses of our programs.
How we use contributions
You can help us build a healthy endowment and provide annual support for our outstanding programs.
Current giving priorities include:
- A two-week residency for BANDALOOP, an aerial dance group.
- Production support for “Peter and the Wolfpack,” presented by the Raleigh Civic Chamber Orchestra.
- Great Animal Orchestra, a collaborative effort between composer Richard Blackford and bioacoustic recordist Bernie Krause that combines the sounds of the natural world with the structured sounds of an orchestra, creating an unparalleled experience for all those who see and hear it.
- NC State Marching Band attire and training so they can play their best as The Power Sound of the South at NC State football games and community events.
- Endowed scholarships and faculty positions.
How your gifts are changing lives
Because of our donors, NC State students:
- Fire pottery in professional-grade kilns.
- Dance at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC.
- Have the opportunity to win $500 and have their original performing art produced live on campus for the Creative Artist Award.
- Experience a world of diverse cultures and voices through dance, music and theatre performances presented by NC State LIVE.
- Meet and learn from professional touring artists in workshops and master classes hosted by NC State LIVE.
- Experience idea-based exhibitions, behind-the-scenes museum experiences and educational programs, which help them develop learning strategies as well as critical and analytical thinking skills outside of the classroom.
- Complete hands-on, in-depth internships at the Gregg Museum of Art & Design, where they research and photograph the museum collection, do graphic design projects and participate in other special programming opportunities.