THINGS TO DO
Tuesday, August 16 through Saturday, August 20
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! It’s the last week of the wonderful exhibition of work by College of Design alumnus Frank Lee Craig. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17
• NC State LIVE: Season subscription sales for the 2022-23 season begin at 10 a.m.
Friday, August 19
• Dept. of Music: Music Ensemble Info Session. NC State students can talk with faculty members about ensembles and the audition process. Price Music Center, Room 110. 3 p.m.
• Dept. of Music: NC State Jazz Ensembles Audition Clinic. Wes Parker, director of jazz studies, hosts a jazz audition clinic and jam session open to all NC State students. Price Music Center, Room 101. 4:30 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Experience two minutes of anticipatory joy! Watch this delightful preview video for the NC State LIVE 50th anniversary season.
• The new University Theatre website is live – which means you can check out the productions and other events coming up in the 2022-23 season.
• Packapalooza approaches. Saturday, August 27, with musical headliner American Aquarium. The Arts Zone tent will be open 2 to 6 p.m.
• The Hopscotch 2022 lineup has been announced and includes Amythyst Kiah. NC State LIVE presented Amythyst Kiah on their Pour House series in Sept. 2019, shortly before the pandemic kicked in.
• Have you registered for a fall crafts class? Several classes are already full, so don’t delay.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: The 50-Year Evolution of NC State’s Student Center. The NC State LIVE series isn’t the only anniversary being celebrated this year.
• Technician: Egyptian tentmaking techniques come alive in rare exhibition. Technician writer Dhwani Shah explores the Egyptian Text exhibition at the Gregg Museum.
• Technician: Egyptian tent exhibit. Technician photographers Ray Black III and Josh Cobb have created an album of images from the Gregg Museum’s Eqyptian Tent exhibition.
• NPR: How a Grammy-winning Pueblo musician influenced the soundtrack for ‘Prey.’ Robert Mirabal performed with the string quartet Ethel on the NC State LIVE series in March 2018.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.