THINGS TO DO
Monday, August 7
• University Theatre: UT hosts Sips and Scripts. Playwright sign-up begins at 5 p.m.; readings begin at 6 p.m. Kennedy-McIlwee Studio Theatre.
Tuesday, August 8 through Saturday, August 12
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Selections from the Collections is open in the historic residence gallery spaces and features a sampling of the many different kinds of pieces in the Gregg collection. This Is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect remains open through October 7. Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Have you registered for a fall crafts class? If you’re thinking about it, don’t delay. Several classes are already full or close.
• Have you ever thought of nibbling on the plants at the JC Raulston Arboretum? Now’s your chance at a free evening garden stroll, Tuesday, August 8, 4 to 7:30 p.m.
IN THE NEWS
• The Kennedy Center: The new CENTER magazine. It was nice to open the email announcement for the new Kennedy Center magazine and see a beloved smiling face beside Ariana DeBose. “Kindness is free.”
• Wilson College News: Wilson College of Textiles Student Grows Her Apparel Business with Help From the Flex Factory. Fashion and textile management student Annie Hoyt is developing her line of hand-crafted wrap skirts with guidance from Wilson College research technician Bailey Knight. Knight’s textile artwork was featured in a spring 2023 exhibition at the Crafts Center, and she is a Crafts Center fibers instructor.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.