THINGS TO DO
Monday, August 8
• Crafts Center: Fall 2022 crafts class registration opens today at 9 a.m. for NC State faculty, staff, and the public. Explore classes in clay, fibers, glass, jewelry and metals, lapidary, mixed media, new media, photography, and wood.
Tuesday, August 9 through Saturday, August 13
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: It’s the next to last week for the wonderful exhibition of work by College of Design alumnus Frank Lee Craig. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And see Rich Holly’s advice below about visiting the outdoor spaces at the Gregg.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Let’s take it outside: In his August “Our Life in the Arts” blog post, Rich Holly shares thoughts about nature and the arts.
• Packapalooza approaches. Saturday, August 27, with musical headliner American Aquarium. The Arts Zone tent will be open 2 to 6 p.m.
• Have you explored the NC State LIVE 50th anniversary season? Subscription sales begin on Wednesday, August 17.
IN THE NEWS
• Indy Week: A New Season of Live Performing Arts Returns to the Triangle. The Indy shares announcements of the Carolina Performing Arts and NC State LIVE seasons.
• Walter Magazine: Into Being: The Art of Herb Jackson. When the Gregg Museum reopened on Hillsborough Street five years ago this month, one of the initial exhibitions featured the work of Raleigh native Herb Jackson.
• Indy Week: The Poetry Fox Speaks: Chris Vitiello on Costumes, Street Poetry, and Shared Humanity. The Indy unmasks Chris Vitiello, NC State University Libraries communications strategist by day, vulpine poet by night.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions posted on the first day of each month.