Tuesday, August 10 through Friday, August 13
Tuesday, August 10 through Sunday, August 15
• Music: Nothing heralds the approach of fall semester quite like band camp. Go outside and soak in the energy from the sections of students spread around central campus, practicing as they become part of the Power Sound of the South.
Wednesday, August 11 and Thursday, August 12
• Crafts Center: Crafts staff will conduct two events for the Symposium for Multicultural Scholars with 120 students in each event – one in which students collectively paint a stretched canvas, and another where students create “goals and aspirations” visualization boards they can keep and hang as a reminder of their journey during their time at NC State.
Thursday, August 12
• Gregg Museum: Christina Wytko Marchington leads an in-person staff-guided tour of two exhibitions, Chris Hondros: Conflict Photography and Will Henry Stevens: Pastels and Drawings. Registration required. 3:30pm.
Friday, August 13 through Friday, August 20
• Gregg Museum: The annual poster sale returns, outside the north entrance of Talley Student Union. 9am-5pm each day.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Rich Holly’s latest “Our Life in the Arts” blog post tackles a topic that is difficult for many artists: asking for help.
• Thinking of a fall crafts class? Don’t wait. 46% of classes have sold out already, and another 10% have only one seat left.
• Tickets available now! Live music returns to Stewart Theatre, when The Quadrivium Project – the faculty rock band at NC State University – performs “All in All,” a concert featuring the music of Genesis and Pink Floyd. August 26 and 28 at 8pm. Tickets are available online at go.ncsu.edu/tqp21tix. This will be a general admission event, with plenty of empty seats to promote physical distancing.
• Beehive: The ‘60s Musical runs August 12-28, outdoors at Raleigh Little Theatre. The production is directed and choreographed by Lormarev Jones, who led University Theatre’s Devised 2020 theatre project in 2020-21.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.