Tuesday, July 12 through Saturday, July 16
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Four exhibitions are now open. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And don’t forget about the beautiful outdoor areas, including the pollinator garden and the whirligig. Wouldn’t the Gregg be a nice destination for a healthy midday walk?
Thursday, July 14
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Lecture by NC State College of Design faculty member Margret Kentgens-Craig on the Bauhaus and the work of her late husband, Frank Lee Craig. Free. 6 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Alexandra Burchette (Dance Program) and Amy Sawyers-Williams (Arts Outreach and Engagement) were guests for an Idea Camp podcast about the generation of ideas. Don’t miss the shout-outs for the Gregg Museum.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: Old Piano, New Purpose. Discover the artfully decorated bright blue piano outdoors on Centennial Campus.
• DownBeat: The annual Critics Poll is out (though behind a paywall). As usual, multiple NC State LIVE jazz artists appear on the lists, including two winners in their categories who are scheduled to perform on the 2022-23 season: Regina Carter (violin) and Cécile McLorin Salvant (female vocalist).
• Technician: Sister-owned local business Bouquets For The Holidays helps create lasting memories. Technician writer Olivia Winston interviews business administration major Olivia Ojeda and her sister Carmen about their business where they create and sell handcrafted origami paper flowers.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.