THINGS TO DO
Daily except Friday
• Jillian Sortore’s exhibition, Plume, is open at the Crafts Center through July 27.
Tuesday, July 18 through Saturday, July 22
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: It’s a great time to visit the Gregg, with three exhibitions running through this week. Selections from the Collections just opened in the historic residence gallery spaces and features a sampling of the many different kinds of pieces in the Gregg collection. True Likeness is open through July 22, and This Is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect remains open through October 7. Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 20
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Staff-guided tour of Selections from the Collections, a recently installed exhibition curated entirely from the museum’s permanent collections and presented in the historic chancellor’s residence. 3 p.m.
Saturday, July 22
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Last day for the True Likeness exhibition.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• DASA folks: Need a new professional headshot? DASA Marketing and Communications offers photo sessions on July 18 and 19. Register here.
• Want to learn more about using your iPhone camera? The JC Raulston Arboretum is presenting a photography walk and iPhone workshop on Friday, July 21, 10 a.m. to noon.
IN THE NEWS
• The News & Observer: NC State professor creates immersive Negro Leagues VR game of baseball ‘triumph.’ Derek Ham, head of the Department of Media Arts, Design and Technology (MADTech) in the College of Design, has created a new virtual reality game.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.