Monday, July 19 through Friday, July 23
• New Student Orientation: Campus visits are happening every weekday through July 30.
Tuesday, July 20 through Friday, July 23
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10am-5pm. The summer Silent Film Celebration continues, with films running in a loop during museum hours.
Tuesday, July 20
• The Crafts Center will host over 100 students from the Women and Minority Engineering Programs. Students will fill the studios for breakout sessions in glass, clay, wood and mixed media.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• You probably know Roger Manley, director of the Gregg Museum, as the soft-spoken guy who curates fascinating (and sometimes delightfully quirky) exhibitions. But how much do you know of his peripatetic past? His life as a filmmaker in Paris, climbing mountains in Greece, dancing on stage at ADF, living with a group of Aboriginal people in Australia, or working as a blacksmith? Discover Roger’s story in the new “Meet the Arts NC State Directors” blog.
• Registration for fall classes at the Crafts Center begins on Monday, July 19 for NC State students and on Monday, July 26 for everyone else.
• The refreshed windows of the Member-Made Street Gallery at the Crafts Center open on Wednesday, July 21.
• Flat File Fridays are back at the Gregg, with a new group of YouTube videos hosted by intern Miranda Green. Discover op art, a beautiful Chinese textile object, and well-designed vacuum cleaners.
• The Crafts Center has added new equipment this summer, including a WAZER water jet in the C:LAB (that cuts everything from stone to carbon fiber), a sand blaster, and two large kilns for the glass studio, which will allow students to produce larger-scale work.
IN THE NEWS
• Walter Magazine: 20+ Things to Do in July In and Around Raleigh. The Silent Film Celebration at the Gregg Museum is featured.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.