THINGS TO DO
Daily through Thursday
• Jillian Sortore’s exhibition, Plume, is open at the Crafts Center through July 27.
Monday, July 24
• The Crafts Center: Fall crafts class registration opens for NC State students.
Tuesday, July 25 through Saturday, July 29
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Selections from the Collections is open in the historic residence gallery spaces and features a sampling of the many different kinds of pieces in the Gregg collection. This Is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect remains open through October 7. Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 27
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Morning yoga in the main lobby, a free class presented in partnership with Hillsborough Street neighbors, the Alexander Family YMCA. 10 a.m.
• The Crafts Center: Last day for Jillian Sortore’s Plume exhibition. The Crafts Center will be open 12 to 10 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Fall crafts class registration opens for students today, and will open for everyone else next Monday, July 31 at 9 a.m. See the classes available this fall.
IN THE NEWS
• College of Design: Back to the Pack: Mary Hauser. The Gregg Museum’s Mary Hauser is featured in this new series about design alumni who work at NC State.
• Wilson College News: Katherine Annett-Hitchcock Plans to Stay Active and Involved after Retiring from the Wilson College. Best known to NC State arts folks as the vocalist for the Quadrivium Project, Kate Annett-Hitchcock’s varied interests evolved from art history to clothing and textiles – and her specialty of inclusive design in apparel.
• South Arts News: South Arts Awards More Than $1,000,000 to Artists and Organizations in Latest Funding Cycles. 2023-24 grants from South Arts include one for residency activities when NC State LIVE presents Trey McLaughlin and the Sounds of Zamar on November 10.
• Technician: Inside D.H. Hill Jr. Library: Visualization Studio and Makerspaces. Technician assistant news editor Ally Tennant highlights digital tools to enhance your creativity, now available at Hill Library.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.