Tuesday, July 26 through Saturday, July 30
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Four exhibitions are now open. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And don’t forget about the beautiful outdoor areas, including the pollinator garden and the whirligig. Wouldn’t the Gregg be a nice destination for a healthy midday walk?
Thursday, July 28 through Sunday, July 31
• University Theatre: UT is hosting the National Women’s Theatre Festival in Thompson Hall.
CHECK IT OUT
• Fall 2022 crafts classes are now posted online. Registration begins for students on Monday, August 1, and on Monday, August 8 for everyone else.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: Academic and Student Affairs Marks a Decade of Dedication to Student Success. NC State celebrates the success of the first ten years of DASA.
• Durham Tech News: 60 for 60: Visiting Artist Program increased exposure for artists at Durham Tech. As part of their 60th anniversary celebration, Durham Technical Community College is telling the story of people who made an impact – including Roger Manley, who was a visiting artist from 1983 to 1985.
• Technician: NC State alumnus ties together passion for fashion with South Asian heritage. Technician writer Dhwani Shah interviews Anthony O. Gomes ’18 – a young alum with a degree in science, technology and society – who embraces the arts and South Asian culture in his growing social media content success.
• NC State Development Communications: Goodnight Spotlight: Gaven Bell. The NC State philanthropy newsletter shared a Goodnight Scholars article about Gaven Bell, winner of both the 2021 and 2022 Creative Artist Award in theatre. In March 2022, University Theatre produced her 2021 play, A Case of Salt, and will produce Gaven’s 2022 award-winning play, Muse, in spring 2023.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.