Monday, July 26 through Friday, July 30
• New Student Orientation: The final week. Campus visits are happening every weekday through July 30.
Tuesday, July 27 through Friday, July 30
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10am-5pm. The summer Silent Film Celebration continues, with films running in a loop during museum hours.
Thursday, July 29
• Gregg Museum: Virtual film screening of The Angel That Stands by Me, a documentary about North Carolina’s Minnie Evans, who is now regarded as one of America’s most important visionary artists. The film is presented courtesy of the American Visionary Art Museum through the generous gift of Allie Light, an Academy Award-winner and the documentary’s director. Light will introduce the film and be available for a Q&A after the screening. Free; registration required. 4pm.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Registration for fall classes at the Crafts Center opens to everyone on Monday, July 26.
• What is a croquis? In the latest installment of Flat File Fridays at the Gregg, hosted by intern Miranda Green (senior in design studies and history), we get a two-minute lesson on textile swatches in the Gregg Museum collection.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: Trustees Welcome New and Returning Members, Elect Officers. As an undergrad, new NC State trustee Tim Humphrey was a member of the Stewart Theatre house crew (and a house manager) in the 1990s.
• DELTA News: Scaling Up: DELTA Takes Innovation to New Heights. This feature about the new virtual tour of the Belltower gives credit for inspiration to the virtual tours at the Gregg Museum, created by DASA marketer and web developer John Starbuck.
• Howl You Know: Take an NC State-Inspired Staycation. University Human Resources offers an NC State-inspired staycation list that includes crafts classes and a visit to the Gregg Museum.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.