Monday, June 27
• First day of classes for Summer Session II.
Tuesday, June 28 through Saturday, July 2
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Four exhibitions are now open. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And don’t forget about the beautiful outdoor areas, including the pollinator garden and the whirligig. Wouldn’t the Gregg be a nice destination for a healthy midday walk?
Thursday, June 30
• NC State LIVE: Visit LIVE.arts.ncsu.edu for the unveiling of the 50th anniversary season.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• NC State LIVE has been awarded a presentation grant from South Arts to support a social justice residency that includes commissioning, development, presentation, and community workshops associated with “When We Were Queens…,” a new work by Culture Mill dancer/choreographer Murielle Elizéon and cellist Shana Tucker.
• In July, the NC State Office for Faculty Excellence will be hosting Idea Camp, a four-part series created to engage faculty, staff and graduate students in a learning opportunity designed to advance professional development – and you are invited to participate. Amy Sawyers-Williams will facilitate an in-person ideation session.
• Packpalooza is back on Saturday, August 27. If you know folks who would be willing to volunteer, or you would like to volunteer beyond Arts Zone time, please register by August 12 to receive a t-shirt.
• The June 13 Monday Morning Arts News included details of a PBS NC airing of two short films by Marsha Gordon and Louis Cherry, including All the Possibilities… Reflections on a Painting by Vernon Pratt. The program will repeat on Monday, June 27 at 8:30 p.m. on the North Carolina Channel, and is now available to stream for free online at any time.
IN THE NEWS
• University Human Resources News: Join the Summer Reads Book Club. Learning and Organizational Development will host Summer Reads with University Human Resources, a virtual book club for NC State staff and faculty.
• Veterinary Medicine News: Marbles Kids Museum Opens Ready Set Vet Exhibit in Partnership With College of Veterinary Medicine.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.