Tuesday, June 8 through Friday, June 11
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10am-5pm.
Thursday, June 10
• Gregg Museum: Fantastic Fans. Between 1890 and 1920, Emma Hanford Smith accompanied her husband, famed ichthyologist Hugh McCormick Smith, on many scientific expeditions around the world. She created a remarkable collection of nearly 400 fans gathered from every inhabited continent that are now part of the Gregg collection. See the YouTube launch beginning at 4pm.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• New at the Crafts Center: the Member-Made Street Gallery. Crafts Center members, instructors and registered NC State students who are taking classes at the center can now display and sell their artwork in the street gallery windows.
• The Next Festival of Emerging Artists 2021 opens on Tuesday, June 8. The free virtual festival runs through July 1, and is organized by themed sections, including business and entrepreneurship, social justice and activism, artistry and musicality, and multidisciplinary collaboration. The Next Festival is led by founder Peter Askim, conductor of the Raleigh Civic Symphony and Chamber Orchestra and director of orchestral studies in the Department of Music.
• Art2Wear 2021 – NC State’s iconic runway show that challenges student designers to question the boundaries of fashion – will be virtually streamed on Friday, June 11 at 7pm. The 20th annual show, organized and hosted by the College of Design’s Art + Design department, is directed by Tess Colavecchio, a May graduate who was a student ambassador at the Gregg Museum and a member of the Friends of the Gregg board of directors. Adrienne McKenzie, University Theatre costume technician and a guest lecturer in Art + Design, is the faculty advisor for this year’s show. General admission tickets are free, with bonus virtual reality content available with paid tickets.
• The summer Silent Film Celebration continues at the Gregg Museum. The series highlights women, people of color, and explorations in silent film. The films run in a loop during museum hours.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.