Tuesday, May 24 through Saturday, May 28
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! There are three exhibitions currently open at the Gregg: the trompe l’oeil ceramics of Eric Serritella, photographs of Indian threshold drawings by Martha Strawn, and collages by NC State College of Design alumnus Frank Lee Craig. Galleries open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, May 27
• University Theatre: TheatreFEST Insight (Backstage Track). Experience theatre being made in real-time. The tech rehearsal is when all the pieces come together for the first time. Join Mia Self and Joshua Reaves for a glimpse into how the magic is made. See the details. 8 p.m. [May 25 update: This event has been canceled.]
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• All about TheatreFEST on WHUP: Last week, Josh Reaves, Mia Self and Danica Jackson were interviewed on the Lights Up! radio program. The recording is now available online. You’ll find the UT folks in a 15-minute segment starting at about the 30-minute mark.
• Tara Mullins and Autumn Belk, joined by Dr. Courtney Hinton from Student Health, have been accepted to present a workshop at IADMS (International Association of Dance Medicine and Science) in October in Limerick, Ireland.
• Do you have your tickets for TheatreFEST 2022? After the two-year pandemic break, TheatreFEST returns with a BANG, expanding to be Raleigh’s hub for summer theatre. Centered around the production of Stephen Sondheim’s multiple Tony Award-winning dark comedy, Assassins, TheatreFEST (June 2-19) will include a 24-hour challenge to create four 10-minute plays; the first public staging of a new one-woman show by a young alumna; the return of the TheatreFESTival open house that reveals some of the magic behind live performance; previews of work to come from neighboring theatre companies; the first workshop offering of a new musical work-in-progress by Honest Pint Theatre Company; and new Insight tracks to get more from your Assassins experience.
• In case you missed the “Best of Friends” series on Facebook, the videos are now available on the NC State website.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: AnnE Ford’s Final Student Chronicle: Graduation. AnnE Ford, a new NC State alum with an English major and music performance minor, shares her final student-produced video.
• Academic and Student Affairs News: Crafts Center Creates Special Gift for University Advancement Staff. See a video that documents the work of Crafts Center staff and volunteers in creating a thank-you gift for members of the University Advancement team.
• College of Design News: Art + Design’s Derek Ham to be Featured at Cannes. The latest VR project by Derek Ham will be presented at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival. In spring 2019, Ham collaborated with Peter Askim and NC State’s Raleigh Civic Symphony in a VR project that celebrated anniversaries of the 19th Amendment and the Voting Rights Act.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.