THINGS TO DO
Monday, November 28
• Crafts Center: Spring crafts class registration opens for everyone at 9 a.m.
• Dept. of Music: Free performance by the jazz combos in One Earth Lounge in Talley. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, November 29 through Saturday, December 3
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Saturday is the last day to see Eric Serritella’s fascinating trompe l’oeil ceramics. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Dept. of Music: Concert by the NC State Jazz Lab Band. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 30
• Dept. of Music: Holiday concert by the Wind Ensemble. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 1
• Dept. of Music: Concert by the Symphonic Band. The theme of the program is “Life is a Highway,” and includes Shenandoah by Frank Ticheli, Music of Stevie Wonder, Country Roads by John Denver, The Cowboys by John Williams, Georgia On My Mind by Hoagy Carmichael, and California Love by 2Pac. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Friday, December 2
• Dept. of Music: Concert by the NC State Choirs. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 3
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Last day for Eric Serritella – Sharing Spaces. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Dept. of Music: Concert by the Ladies in Red. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 4
• Dept. of Music: Concert by Wolfgang A Cappella. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• The coolest 24 seconds of your day (sound up!): Check out the video from the NC State Alumni Association announcing the publication of the latest issue of NC State magazine (that features University Theatre’s Institute project as the cover story).
• The Gregg Museum has collaborated with the College of Design and Digital Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA) to capture enhanced images of several of its textiles using photogrammetry and digital 3D models.
IN THE NEWS
• Academic and Student Affairs News: David Dorfman Dance Performs New Work, Conducts Community Outreach. Patrick Smith recaps an NC State LIVE residency that included impactful events both on campus and in the community.
• NC State News: The Gift of Music. Anne Lesky shares the story of how carrying on a beloved workplace tradition has reawakened her passion for singing.
• Technician: Platform centers authenticity, consistency in new fall issue. Technician assistant culture editor Jameson Wolf introduces the fall issue of NC State’s student-led fashion and culture magazine.
• Technician: Join Bad Film Club for the best worst movies. Technician writer Shelby Bryson highlights an organization that revels in a good train wreck.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.