THINGS TO DO
Tuesday, October 4
• YOM KIPPUR begins at sunset.
• Dept. of Music: Arts Now Series. Computer Music and More. Price Music Center. 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 4 through Saturday, October 8
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, October 6
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Free yoga class in the garden. 10 a.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Photography by Gregg Museum director Roger Manley is featured in a new exhibition at Queens University in Charlotte titled Indigenous Voices of the Carolinas.
• The Raleigh Film and Art Festival takes place on Centennial Campus, October 7-9.
IN THE NEWS
• WFDD: Toyota donates $1 million for local STEAM programs to prepare for megasite workforce. The president of the Toyota plant at the Greensboro-Randolph megasite says they need employees with “the ability to think about things and problem solve.”
• Technician: Technician spotlights local music in North Carolina. Technician editors and writers pick their favorite local bands.
• Technician: ‘HerBlackHand: A Conversational Piece’ showcases the journey of Black womanhood through poem and picture. Technician writer Karsyn Westerbeek writes about an exhibition open at the African American Cultural Center through October 10.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.