THINGS TO DO
• The Crafts Center: Nicholas Jackson: Crossroads is open through November 2.
Tuesday, September 12
• University Theatre: Audition orientation for What We Grew Up With. Thompson Hall. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, September 12 through Saturday, September 16
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: It’s a great time to visit, with three exhibitions open at present. Leading by Design, celebrating the 75th anniversary of the NC State College of Design, is the newest. Selections from the Collections is open in the historic residence gallery spaces and features a sampling of the many different kinds of pieces in the Gregg collection. This Is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect remains open through October 7. Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 13
• University Theatre: Auditions for the November production of What We Grew Up With (day 1 of 2). Thompson Hall. 7 p.m.
Thursday, September 14
• Department of Performing Arts and Technology: Free dance master class (ballet conditioning with Ashley Anderson). Open to NC State students, faculty and staff. Carmichael Gym, Dance Studio 2307. 5:30 p.m.
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Curator talk with Mark Sloan(This is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect). 6 p.m.
• University Theatre: Auditions for the November production of What We Grew Up With (day 2 of 2). Thompson Hall. 7 p.m.
• NC State LIVE: Concert by Colombian folk futurists Cimarrón. Stewart Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
Friday, September 15
• University Theatre Workshop Series: Danica Jackson leads a free performance master class on the use of accents and dialects in acting. Learn more and register. 2 p.m.
• Rosh Hashanah begins at sunset.
Saturday, September 16
• Home football game vs. VMI. 2 p.m.
Sunday, September 17
• Department of Performing Arts and Technology: Abstractum, a concert that celebrates the music of contemporary Iranian composers, performed by pianist Olga Kleiankina and flutist Kelariz Keshavarz, with photography by Nesam Keshavarz and a dance choreographed and performed by State Dance Company member Ariana Fajerman. Stewart Theatre. 4 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Crafting Resilience: Origami Books and Art Cards. Join Prevention Services and NC State University Libraries for experiential opportunities to engage in self-care through crafting. D.H. Hill Jr. Library, Fishbowl Forum. Tuesday, September 12 at 2 p.m.
• Salsa workshop by Sube Ritmo, NC State’s Latin dance team. You will learn the basic steps for salsa dancing and fun and easy choreography. Wellness and Recreation Center and Carmichael Gym, room 2605. Tuesday, September 12 at 8:15 p.m.
IN THE NEWS
• NC State News: Your Year at NC State. Erin Zanders shares a month-by-month list of campus traditions and events, including the annual Student Art Sale scheduled for April 12, 2024.
• Technician: Barbenheimer’s impact on the film industry. Technician writers Matthew Junkroski and Will LaMarche discuss what happened when Barbie and Oppenheimer were released in movie theatres on the same day.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.