• Crafts Center: Genius Loci: The Art of Remembrance. An exhibition dedicated to large-format photographs of the former twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, featuring the work of NC State alumnus Charles Moretz ’72.
Tuesday, September 28 through Saturday, October 2
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. All galleries are now open for Crossed Kalunga by the Stars and Other Acts of Resistance, featuring work by seven contemporary artists of color.
Tuesday, September 28
• University Theatre: Banned Books on Stage. Each year, University Theatre partners with the NC State Libraries for a reading of scenes and monologues from banned and challenged books. The in-person event is sold out, but the Libraries will livestream the event on Twitch. 7:30 p.m.
Friday, October 1
• University Theatre: UT After Party is a student social bringing together those interested in the performing arts. 6 p.m.
• University Theatre: UT Out Loud presents a reading of A Case of Salt by Gaven Bell. A murder mystery highlights the expectations, fears and assumptions about disability that a group of high school theatre students face in this 2021 Creative Artist Award-winning play. Register for free tickets. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 2
• Home football game vs. Louisiana Tech. 6 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• The Dance Program has announced the lineup for the fall Lunchbox Series, a collection of four lunchtime conversations about vibrant topics within the dance industry, available on Zoom on Wednesdays, Oct. 13 through Nov. 3. Free registration for all will open on Sept. 29 at 10 a.m.
• Explore the refreshed windows of the Member-Made Street Gallery at the Crafts Center.
IN THE NEWS
• DC Metro: Lakecia Benjamin takes the DC JazzFest stage like a rock star. “Her High Priestess of the Sax persona with a Miles Davis sense of cool riveted the pumped-up crowd.” And you can catch her LIVE in Stewart Theatre on Oct. 16.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.