Monday, September 6
• Labor Day: University closed.
• Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown.
Tuesday, September 7 through Saturday, September 11
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The first section of a new exhibition – Crossed Kalunga by the Stars and Other Acts of Resistance – has just opened, and features work by seven contemporary artists of color.
Thursday, September 9
• NC State LIVE: Free outdoor season launch party with a concert and food trucks. The Hamiltones have received a Grammy nomination for Best Traditional R&B Performance. Stafford Commons. Food trucks at 5:30 p.m., concert at 6 p.m. The new NC State LIVE t-shirt will be free for the first 75 students.
• Dance Program: This free master class with educator and choreographer Kristin Taylor Duncan will move through the aesthetics of modern, jazz, contemporary and African dance. Intended for intermediate dance level. Registration required. 6 p.m.
Friday, September 10
• Crafts Center: Exhibition opening reception for Genius Loci: The Art of Remembrance. Photographer Charles Moretz ’72 will speak. 5:30 p.m.
• University Theatre Out Loud Series: The House of Bernarda Alba adapted by Chay Yew. Out Loud is a casual theatre experience for first-time theatre-goers and seasoned theatre lovers alike. Attendees can read a character, pause the reading for discussion, or simply sit back and hear fellow attendees lend their voice to the show. Learn more and register. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 11
• Crafts Center: Art of Remembrance. The NC State Crafts Center will host a memorial ceremony in Stewart Theatre to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Free; registration required. 7 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• The Department of Foreign Languages and Literature has announced a newly revised World Cultural Literacy Minor. The minor offers an opportunity for breadth and balance, especially for STEM students, in literature, history of art, history, music, philosophy, and religious studies.
• Have you registered for a fall crafts class? Check out the “Last Chance to Register” list for upcoming classes that still have seats available.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.