THINGS TO DO
Tuesday, May 16 through Saturday, May 20
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Two exhibitions are open, This Is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect and True Likeness. Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, May 17
• FIRST DAY OF SUMMER SESSION I AND MAYMESTER.
• The Crafts Center opens for summer. If you haven’t registered for a class, check them out here.
• The Crafts Center: Jillian Sortore: Plume exhibition opens. Wearable and sculptural objects created from wood and metal. The show runs through July 27, with a reception on Saturday, June 10, 5 to 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 18
• NC State LIVE: LIVE @ Lake Raleigh. Caique Vidal & Batuque. Food trucks at 5 p.m., concert at 6 p.m.
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Art History and Aldwyth. Join exhibition curator Mark Sloan on a guided tour to discover the art historical references and inspirations embedded within the intricate collages in This is Not: Aldwyth in Retrospect. 6 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• Take a look at NC State’s new sustainability map. The first listing: the Gregg Museum of Art & Design.
• The Department of Performing Arts and Technology is hosting a piano sale in Price Music Center, May 18-20.
• Summer Music Camps: Great options for high school-age musicians! NC State’s Department of Performing Arts and Technology presents a series of one-week music day camps in June that offer a deep dive into electronic music or marching band conducting.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.