Arts education is an essential part of an education—so we invite school groups to participate in engaging, curriculum-enhancing activities with Arts NC State. From arts workshops to behind-the-scenes tours and kid-friendly performances, we partner with schools to instill a life-long love of the arts in our youngest students.
To schedule any of our school programs, contact Amy Sawyers-Williams at 919.513.1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer school workshops to enhance your classroom’s curriculum. Representatives from Arts NC State are available to visit your classroom and talk to students about art, theatre, dance and music.
School groups are invited to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Arts NC State. Led by one our enthusiastic staff members, the tours give students an in-depth look at how a college arts program functions. *We do our best to accommodate school tours and workshops, but they may sometimes be unavailable due to our team’s capacity.
The tours give you:
- A guided tour through the Gregg Museum of Art & Designs’s exhibitions
- A backstage view of the theatre
- The opportunity to watch open rehearsals of performances
- Close-up views of the facilities
- The chance to interact with arts students and professionals
School Matinee Series
Take a field trip to expose your students to the world of live theatre and instill in them an appreciation of the arts. For more information, email Stephanie Clark: email@example.com
Free tickets to Dance Program Concerts
For 6-12 School Teachers
School groups of 10 or more may receive complimentary tickets for students, teachers and chaperones attending any of NC State Dance Program formal concerts as a group. In order to take advantage of this special offer, tickets must be reserved in advance. Reserving tickets for your school is quick and easy! Once you know how many tickets you need, please contact Tara Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org. All performances begin at 8pm in Stewart Theatre, located in the Talley Student Union, and tickets may be picked up anytime after 7pm. Tickets are general admission and doors to the theatre will open at 7:30pm for seating. Dance Program Formal Concerts in 2019-20:
- Dance Program Fall Concert (diverse range of dance styles): Thursday & Friday, Nov. 21-22 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. Learn more at go.ncsu.edu/dance-fall
- Panoramic Dance Project Concert (world dance styles with African, hip-hop, Latin & jazz focus): Thursday & Friday, March 19-20 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. Learn more at go.ncsu.edu/dance-panoramic
- State Dance Company Concert (modern dance): Thursday & Friday, April 3-4 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. Learn more at go.ncsu.edu/dance-ncsu
For additional questions, contact Tara Mullins at email@example.com