Student Art Sale
The 2018 Student Art Sale took place on Friday April 13. We sold nearly $9,000 worth of student art. You can read about the sale in this Technician Article.
Arts NC State purchases student art
Since 2001, Arts NC State has purchased original artwork of NC State students. A committee of staff, students and local artists review the submitted work and choose art to purchase. The chosen works will become a part of the permanent collection of Arts NC State and will hang in Talley Student Union or selected locations on campus.
Open to the public
Starting in 2015, we invited the public to purchase student art. In that first year, $3,000 worth of student art was sold, with proceeds going directly to the students. Please note, sale is cash or check (there are ATMs in the building as well).
Visual Artist Award!
Arts NC State received a generous gift to create a Visual Artist Award in 2017. A judge with input from a panel of Arts NC State employees and students will select 1 piece from the sale to win the award. The student artist will receive a $500 cash award, their piece will hang on a prominent wall in the Talley Student Union for the following academic year, and they will be honored at an annual ceremony.
Rules for art submissions
- Only currently enrolled, full-time NC State students can submit artwork.
- Artwork must be priced at $400 or less.
- Limit five entrees per student.
- Artwork must be ready to hang!
- Drop off artwork at 3140 Talley on Wednesday April 11th 9am-4pm
- Fill out online form to sign up to sell (below)
- Information about pricing your art here: go.ncsu.edu/priceyourart
Students: Fill out online form prior to sale to submit (stay tuned for 2019 submission form)
For 2-D work:
- Needs to be ready to hang (either canvas with sturdy framing or framed with matting, wiring, etc.).
For 3-D work:
- 3-D work may include: ceramics, wood, fiber art, metals, glass.
- 3-D work should include mounting device so that piece can sit on horizontal surface or be mounted to a vertical surface.
For more information, contact Amy Sawyers-Williams in the Arts Outreach & Engagement Office, at 919.513.1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.