Tuesday, June 21 through Saturday, June 25
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Four exhibitions are now open. Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. And don’t forget about the beautiful outdoor areas, including the pollinator garden and the whirligig. Wouldn’t the Gregg be a nice destination for a healthy midday walk?
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• NC State’s inaugural Juneteenth Celebration takes place on Harris Field on Monday, June 20, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event includes food trucks, music and games, and is open to the NC State community.
IN THE NEWS
• Indy Week: Best of the Triangle 2022: Local Color. The Gregg Museum has been selected as “Best-Kept Secret” in the Indy’s annual “best-of” competition. You can flip through the ISSUU digital replica version here.
• Provost News: Summer Campus Happenings. Summer arts opportunities on campus are highlighted in the June e-newsletter from the provost’s office.
• Technician: Fashion designer Kiana Bonollo sees early success on runway and online. Technician’s assistant culture editor Jameson Wolf interviews young alumna Kiana Bonollo ’21. When the pandemic interrupted Bonollo’s study abroad plans, the fashion and textiles design major started making YouTube videos, sharing her projects along with fashion tips and sewing tutorials. She now has 194,000 subscribers.
• College of Sciences: Chemist Williams Named Head of Department of Chemistry. Gavin Williams, husband of our own Amy Sawyers-Williams, has been named as the new head of the NC State Department of Chemistry.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial.