Tuesday, May 11 through Friday, May 14
• Gregg Museum: Visit your museum! Galleries open 10am-5pm.
Thursday, May 13
• Music: Concert Bands and Pep Band Virtual Concert. The Symphonic Band performance will include a musical tribute to the Mars mission (with a selection from Gustav Holst’s “The Planets”) and selections by John Williams honoring the heroes and victims of the pandemic. The Pep Band will present game day favorites and pop music hits from Lizzo and Toto, and the Wind Ensemble will perform music by John Philip Sousa, Johann Sebastian Bach and Michael Gandolfi. Presented on the Music YouTube channel. 7pm.
Friday, May 14 and Saturday, May 15
• Spring Commencement 2021: Ceremonies on Friday night and Saturday morning at Carter-Finley Stadium. See all the details.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• A dedication ceremony to honor the restoration and completion of the NC State Belltower will be livestreamed on Friday, May 14. The dedication will take place at 2pm, followed by a performance on the new carillon at 3pm.
• Chamber Music Raleigh and the NC Museum of Art present Dr. Jonathan Kramer in a free lecture titled “Multiculturalism in the World of Chamber Music.” Sunday, May 16 at 2pm. See info about details and tickets.
• If you know of students who might be interested in DJ training: On May 19, WKNC is hosting the first in-person interest meeting in over a year.
• Flat File Fridays at the Gregg: During April, collections intern Clara Chang, a graduate student in anthropology, hosted a series of short videos providing a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Gregg Museum’s collections area – in this case, flat file drawers.
• Have you registered for a summer crafts class? Both in-person and online classes are available.
IN THE NEWS
• Technician: Arts NC State’s annual student art sale grows, gains flexibility with online shift. Student writer Myra Bari offers a recap of this year’s successful sale.
• Carolina Arts: The May issue features stories about Gregg Museum exhibitions by Andy Nasisse, Stephen Althouse and Daniel Johnston (pages 30-31).
• NC State News: Local Company Donates Innovative, Breathable Face Masks for Commencement. Props to NC State alum Chris Evans who donated red masks for graduation – and note that the article features the modeling talent of Gabriel Montague, student winner of Wolfpack’s Got Talent 2020 and director of the Uninhibited Praise Gospel Choir.
Are you connected with the arts programs on social media? Link to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all at go.ncsu.edu/getsocial