THINGS TO DO
Tuesday and Wednesday, November 1 and 2
• University Theatre: Auditions for Urinetown, the Musical. Titmus Theatre. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, November 1 through Saturday, November 5
• Gregg Museum of Art & Design: Visit your museum! Galleries are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, November 2
• Dept. of Music: Fall recitals take place in Price Music Center (room 110) and are open to the public. 7 p.m.
Thursday, November 3
• Wellness Day: As announced by Chancellor Woodson last week, Thursday will be a wellness day. No classes will be held, and wellness-focused events and resources will be available on campus throughout the day.
• Arts Village in collaboration with Arts NC State and NC State University Libraries: Arts and Your Major, a series of programs illustrating how the arts overlap and enhance STEM careers and studies. Focus Your Major: Photography and Nature Science with Dr. Matt Bertone, director, Plant Disease and Insect Clinic. Hill Library Auditorium, 4 to 6 p.m. (UPDATE: This event has been canceled due to Wellness Day.)
Saturday, November 5
• Dept. of Music: Acappology in concert. 7:30 p.m. Stewart Theatre.
• University Theatre: QuickSCRIPTS 10-minute play fest. Given only a prompt and 24-hours total prep time, four writers, directors, and cast write, rehearse, and perform four 10-minute plays. Register for free tickets on Eventbrite. Kennedy-McIlwee Studio Theatre. 8 p.m.
CHECK. IT. OUT.
• It’s Red and White Week, NC State’s yearly homecoming celebration. Check out the list of featured events, including the chancellor’s fall address in Talley at 1 p.m. on Monday.
• In conjunction with Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, NC State’s Raleigh Civic Chamber Orchestra will present a concert on Sunday, Nov. 13 that will highlight hunger, homelessness and hope.
• Lunch Local Live: WKNC is partnering with Visit Centennial to present live music at the Corner (941 Main Campus Dr.), Wednesdays from 12 to 1 p.m. through Nov. 16.
• Pack Paint Party: Prevention Services will provide materials needed for you to stop by Campus Health to paint something for your Wolfpack residence. Thursday, Nov. 3, 12 to 1 p.m. Reserve your spot on Eventbrite.
• After a two-year pandemic hiatus, the magical experience of Moonlight in the Garden returns to NC State’s JC Raulston Arboretum. The event typically sells out in advance.
IN THE NEWS
• Technician: University Theatre unveils fall debut play ‘The Crucible.’ Technician writer Finn Huneycutt reviews University Theatre’s first production of the season.
• Technician: Outlandish: an NCMA exhibition on human experience. Technician writer Elizabeth Dull explores an exhibition of photography by Ralph Burns that recently opened at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
See a two-month list of campus arts events and exhibitions, posted on the first day of each month.